I don’t have a tremendous amount to say about this dust collector which probably implies more good than bad about it. It does its thing in the corner of the shop and I don’t have to think too much about it.
- Two-stage separator works well for collecting long stringy shavings from woodturning; these would always clog the grate on my old single-stage collector.
- The removable drum is 500% better than the stupid plastic bag
- It has a relatively small footprint in both height and floor space
- It has plenty of power and is always relatively quiet
- I hate the remote; its tiny buttons are sometimes hard to press and hard to find without looking at the remote. Large garage door opener-style buttons would have been way better.
- The short cone isn’t that good at separating chips so you’ll get quite a bit of dust & debris in the catch bag under the filter. Figure you’ll have to empty the bag once for every 5 empties of the main bin.
- When it’s colder in my shop and the machine is cold the motor will squeal for about 20 seconds on startup. Jet’s support had no idea what it was, any ideas?
So overall I’d say this machine is a good buy; while it does have its limitations it still has value especially when purchased on sale.
I’ve written a few other posts about this machine.