So far it’s been treating me well. I can contrast it to my Resource with these points:
- Massively better fuel capacity. As in I’ve only filled it once when I got it.
- Much better reliability in the wind. It will light in the wind, but you just need to cup your hand around the flame to keep it steady.
- The flame can be adjusted with a fingernail. It’s not quite as simple as a thumbwheel but it’s a big upgrade from needing a separate tool.
This is not something to judge the product by, but its packaging is very nice. Its box lid has a sweet magnetic catch that makes working the lid very satisfying.. it’s too bad I’ll eventually toss it.
A few minor negatives thus far:
- I do miss the push button simplicity of the piezoelectric ignition. The flint wheel is very reliable and easy to use but it is an extra step.
- If you don’t move your fingers away from the top of the lighter while using it you can burn yourself. Easy solution though, move your fingers out of the way.
- The flame ports and flint wheel rod get darkened over time, and won’t always look as fantastically clean & shiny as in the product photos: